A course which will equip participants with the skills and knowledge they need to become more confident in their exchanges at work and in the wider aspects of their life. The course will consider aspects such as personal brand, self esteem, values, responses to potential or actual conflict and situational self confidence.
To provide tools and techniques to enable delegates to evaluate and adjust their behaviours to appear more assertive in their discussions with others including colleagues, customers and other stakeholders.
Sarah Hall – Clerical Officer, Financial Services
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the importance of effective communication within the workplace and recognise the triggers for certain behaviours in themselves and others.
- Identify the skills and behaviours displayed by effective communicators and the range of behaviours from submissive through to aggressive.
- Understand how to improve both self-esteem and confidence through positive thinking and actions.
- Recognise non-verbal behaviours and the signals they portray.
- Encourage self analysis and drivers behind certain behaviours and the basics of transactional analysis to change automatic responses.
- Give a clear description of what assertiveness is and why it is important for effective working relationships.
- Identify which situations they find hardest to deal with in an assertive manner at work and techniques for dealing with them.
- Appreciate that avoiding situations will often lead to conflict in the long run.
£220.00 plus VAT. Duration 1 day.
Held at Challenge Training and Conference Centre
Upcoming Course Dates
- Wednesday 18th September, 2019
- Tuesday 11th February, 2020
- Thursday 10th September, 2020