For new or existing team leaders or supervisors seeking a working knowledge of good practice techniques in managing and getting the best from staff.
To provide an opportunity for delegates to consider the key areas of good management practice and to identify areas to develop themselves to enhance performance of themselves and their team.
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- Recognise the range of knowledge, skills and behaviours required to supervise staff rather than work alongside them
- Understand the scope of their role including duty of care and the need to lead by example including fairness and integrity
- Have considered their leadership style and recognise when to support and challenge staff, especially during times of change
- Have learned techniques to communicate more effectively to teams and individuals including the importance of giving and receiving feedback, and handling conflict.
- Know how to set objectives for performance with teams and individuals and how to effectively allocate and delegate work
- Have learned techniques to increase motivation in teams and individuals
- Know when and how to provide recognition for good work, and be more confident to tackle issues in the right way to create improved performance and to clarify expectations
- Know what to record, when and how and when to instigate formal procedures
£395.00 plus VAT. Duration 2 days.
Held at Challenge Training and Conference Centre
Upcoming Course Dates
- Wednesday 10th July and Thursday 11th July, 2019
- Monday 2nd December and Tuesday 3rd December, 2019
- Monday 27th April and Tuesday 28th April, 2020
- Monday 30th November and Tuesday 1st December, 2020
Please contact us for availability.