This course is suitable for managers and team leaders who have had little or no formal training in employment law or performance management. It is also a helpful refresher for more experienced managers to bring them up to date on legislation and procedural changes, and to check their methods against best practice.
This highly participative course aims to provide delegates with an understanding of the legal and procedural aspects of performance management, and give them the confidence and knowledge to use the full range of corrective actions available to them in managing the performance and conduct of team members.
Elaine White, Logistics Manager
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- Understand the concept of “satisfactory behaviour and performance” so they can communicate expectations to their teams and to individuals.
- Develop the knowledge and skills to evaluate employee performance and behaviour in a fair and consistent way
- Understand the process of corrective interventions, from counselling through to formal disciplinary hearing
- Know what information to record throughout the process of managing unsatisfactory performance or conduct
- Be able to carry out confidently the key stages in effective management of performance; recognition and reward, and corrective actions – including disciplinary hearings.
£220.00 plus VAT. Duration 1 day.
Held at Challenge Training and Conference Centre
Upcoming Course Dates
- Tuesday 7th April, 2020
- Monday 12th October, 2020
Please contact us for availability.