Often individuals are promoted as they are good workers and find themselves suddenly in charge of those who worked alongside them previously. The course is for anyone who finds themselves struggling to establish themselves as a team leader or supervisor.
Designed to provide you with the techniques and tactics to establish authority within the supervisory role whilst maintaining good relationships with those you manage, making it easier to clarify expectations and manage performance.
Balfour Beatty Rail Employee
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- Identify what the company/team/customer expects of the supervisor, and recognise the suitability of their current relationship with their staff members.
- Deal with authority, responsibility, & being accountable.
- Describe their current leadership style and be able to identify appropriate circumstances to adapt this to assert authority in the right way.
- Know how to avoid claims of favouritism and being drawn into conflicts and inappropriate situations.
- Understand the importance of clear goals for teams and individuals and how to set and communicate these.
- Know how to approach “difficult” conversations with staff in the right way to get results.
£220.00 plus VAT. Duration 1 day.
Held at Challenge Training and Conference Centre
Upcoming Course Dates
- Thursday 13th June, 2019
- Thursday 17th October, 2019
- Wednesday 4th March, 2020
- Tuesday 21st July, 2020
- Tuesday 17th November, 2020
Please contact us for availability.