A one day course covering the core skills for conducting staff appraisals. Suitable for those who may be new to appraising staff performance, or for those who are more experienced but feel they would like a refresher to update their skills and knowledge of current techniques.
To equip participants with up to date techniques in appraising others; giving feedback in the right way, and how to set powerful and courageous goals linked to business objectives to drive up performance.
Public Sector Company Employee
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of the appraisal and review cycle, and how this is critical to maintain engagement from staff, and to harness their potential
- Effectively prepare for the appraisal meeting and ensure their staff are also prepared
- Use effective questioning techniques and probing to gather relevant information
- Give feedback in the correct way to encourage self directed learning
- How to encourage aspiration through creation of business related objectives which are both measurable and stretching
- How to gain agreement for development plans and how and when to review progress towards objectives
- How to handle difficult appraisal situations including re-setting expectations
- Know what to include and what to record on appraisal documentation
- Identify different options to supply the development needs
- Personal development planning to identify areas to work on to become more effective at managing and conducting appraisals and reviews
£220.00 plus VAT. Duration 1 day.
Held at Challenge Training and Conference Centre
Upcoming Course Dates
- Monday 16th November, 2020
- Monday 1st March, 2021
- Monday 1st November, 2021
Please contact us for availability.