Overview & Who Should Attend
The course is a nationally recognised qualification for construction site managers and supervisors seeking to more effectively lead, supervise, and safely manage staff within the construction/built environment industry. The qualification can be used in support of obtaining the Academically Qualified Person (AQP) card through the CSCS scheme and is eligible for the CITB grant where £600 is reimbursed to employers for each delegate upon successful completion.
Course Dates and Flyer
- To equip participants with the knowledge, understanding and practical skills to become more effective in their current role by more effectively planning and implement projects; identifying opportunities for increased margins and improvements in working practices and outputs; whilst maintaining safety and quality.
This is a 9-day course spread over 5 months
- Days 1 & 2 – Leadership and Management Practice for the Construction and Built Environment Sector – The construction/built environment sector, innovation and external/internal influences and how this links to skills for the future. Technology and the changing face of construction. Understanding the role of the Supervisor, Leadership versus Management, Leadership Styles. Understanding the importance of Managing Quality; Health; Safety and environment on Site. Managing others and setting and controlling standards incl Behavioural Safety.
- Day 3 & 4 – Delivery of Site Operations and Logistics – Planning work on site. Putting team members to work; how to improve the performance of a team in delivering to plan. Quality management, Quality standards and regulation. Techniques to recognise opportunities to improve work outputs through involving, monitoring and controlling the team; Lean concepts and innovative solutions (such as BIM). Waste and waste management on site. Briefings skills including tool box talks.
- Day 5 & 6 – Understanding Commercial Awareness – Identifying and understanding the importance of internal and external stakeholders. The role of the supervisor in meeting client requirements. Identifying; managing and controlling costs. Managing margins within different types of contracts and managing sub contract agreements. Record keeping to monitor and control against budgeted spend; key performance indicators and how this feeds into organisational success and opportunities to tender.
- Day 7 & 8 – Achieving Performance Through People – How to establish and maintain a high performance team including how to motivate individuals and teams towards increased productivity and morale. Dignity, respect and inclusivity; driving cultural change through influence and persuasion as a role model. Understanding the communication cycle and recognising strengths and weaknesses of own communications. Giving feedback to others to enhance individual and team performance. Coaching/mentoring skills.
- Day 9- Bringing it to Life – practical application of themes; role play scenarios + professional discussions. Tutorial time towards assessed work; Individual action planning towards future development needs.
- 3x written assessed pieces and short question assessments
- 1x briefing on an aspect of the course
- 1x professional discussion linking aspects of the course
Tutorial guidance will be available to delegates in between delivery days
Venue and Fees
Venue : Challenge Consulting, Nottingham Road, Woodborough, Nottingham, NG14 6EH.
Cost per delegate £1395 plus VAT.
The course commences onContact Us
Full course dates on flyer above – contact us for availability
Full course overview
What is the ILM?
By completing this programme you can be sure you will be gaining a recognised and prestigious qualification through a well known and respected awarding body. The Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) is Europe’s largest independent leadership and management awarding body with more than 85,000 candidate registrations each year. ILM is also a leading professional membership body with a growing membership of more than 22,000 practising managers.
Why complete the programme through Challenge Consulting?
Challenge Consulting are one of the oldest established ILM centres with a proven track record of delivering excellent programmes. For this reason the Challenge Consulting has been awarded “direct claim” status by the ILM, which allows assessment decisions to be made immediately by the assessors, due to their commitment to quality of delivery and ability to make programmes applicable and relevant to attendees. We have been the largest provider for ILM qualifications in the East Midlands since 2012, registering more students each year than any other ILM Centre.
Challenge Consulting have an ethos of tailoring delivery to participants in order that they can directly apply what they have learned within their work. Group sizes are kept to a maximum of 12, with usual group size being between 6 and 10 to allow participants opportunities to discuss topical issues and to create action plans and explore techniques and strategies within the sessions.