Go to Accredited Courses
Overview & Who Should Attend
Achievement of this nationally recognised qualification demonstrates participants’ ability to work effectively in a first line management role dealing with multi-faceted projects, identifying and managing activities to bring about improvements. Participants should be responsible for managing resources and/or teams of individuals within their role. The course is delivered in an interactive way to appeal to a variety of learning styles and requires a real life project to be undertaken to bring about improvements within the organisation.
- To equip participants with the knowledge, understanding and practical skills to become more effective in their current role and to be more adept at planning and managing improvement projects.
- To provide confidence and competence to progress within a leadership role.
This is a 6-day course spread over 3 months
- Day 1 – Understanding the environment; scope of the first line manager role; responsibilities and impact; stakeholders and cross functional working.
- Day 2 – Problem solving and decision making techniques; identifying opportunities for innovation; understanding costs and financial implications in management decisions; project planning/charting.
- Day 3 – Understanding and planning change in the workplace; implementing projects; managing risks; dependencies and milestones. Leading others through change.
- Day 4 – Tutorial session. Building a convincing case; Good practice in planning, preparing & delivering briefings & presentations.
- Day 5 – Getting the best from others. Managing performance, setting goals and giving feedback. Understanding motivational drivers, team working and employment law considerations
- Day 6 – Continuing professional development and individual assessed presentations.
- 1 x work based problem solving report
- 1 x assessed presentation
Tutorial guidance will be available to delegates in between delivery days via email and telephone or on a one to one appointment basis by arrangement.
Venue and Fees
Venue : Challenge Consulting, Nottingham Road, Woodborough, Nottingham, NG14 6EH.
Cost per delegate £995.00 plus VAT.
The course commences on
- Tuesday 4th June, 2019
- Tuesday 17th September, 2019
Full course dates on flyer below – contact us for availability
Full course overview
Course Dates and Flyer
What is the ILM?
By completing this programme you can be sure you will be gaining a recognised and prestigious qualification through a well known and respected awarding body. The Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) is Europe’s largest independent leadership and management awarding body with more than 85,000 candidate registrations each year. ILM is also a leading professional membership body with a growing membership of more than 22,000 practising managers.
Why complete the programme through Challenge Consulting?
Challenge Consulting are one of the oldest established ILM centres with a proven track record of delivering excellent programmes. For this reason the Challenge Consulting has been awarded “direct claim” status by the ILM, which allows assessment decisions to be made immediately by the assessors, due to their commitment to quality of delivery and ability to make programmes applicable and relevant to attendees. We have been the largest provider for ILM qualifications in the East Midlands since 2012, registering more students each year than any other ILM Centre.
Challenge Consulting have an ethos of tailoring delivery to participants in order that they can directly apply what they have learned within their work. Group sizes are kept to a maximum of 12, with usual group size being between 6 and 10 to allow participants opportunities to discuss topical issues and to create action plans and explore techniques and strategies within the sessions.