Go to Accredited Courses
Overview & who should attend
A 7 day course delivered over 5 months – one day each 3 weeks or thereabouts.
A prestigious qualification for individuals who wish to become more effective at coaching and mentoring practice. Suitable for line managers who are required to enable and develop others; those with coaching or mentoring within the wider scope of their role; and those who have an active interest in coaching or mentoring and may wish to undertake freelance work Participants must have access to at least one coachee during the course to undertake at least six hours of coaching outside of the course days*
- To equip participants with the knowledge, understanding and practical skills to become an effective coach and mentor.
- To provide confidence and competence in a wide range of coaching/mentoring situations from planning and contracting the coachee/mentee through to conclusion and evaluation of the process.
This is a 7 session course spread over approximately 5 months.
- Day 1 – Definition and types of coaching; coaching/mentoring styles; the ideal coach and / or mentor
- Day 2 – Contracting; legal and ethical considerations; identifying start points and diagnostics. Using coaching frameworks.
- Day 3 – Preparing to coach; goal setting and options for coaching; telephone, skype; group…
- Day 4 – Coaching in practice; managing relationships; listening; questioning, summarising; feedback techniques & styles.
- Day 5 – Coach development 1 – practical coaching skills with feedback and action learning. Barriers to coaching and how to overcome them.
- Day 6 – Coach development 2; case study scenarios and simulations. Action planning for improvement and tutorial/one to one
- Day 7 – Bringing it all together; Reflection on the journey so far. Coaching supervisions (including best practice for future CPD), and CPD planning.
- 1 x written assignment;
- 1 x coaching diary*;
- 1 x reflective review on ability to coach and CPD. *12 hours coaching minimum required, six will be available to claim during the course days.
The course commences on
- Thursday 14th March, 2019
- Tuesday 1st October, 2019
Please contact us for availability.
Venue and Fees
Venue : Challenge Consulting,Nottingham NG14 6EH
Cost per delegate £1,595 + VAT fully inclusive of registration fees, tutorial support between sessions and marking.
Full course overview
Course Dates and Flyer
What is the ILM?
By completing this programme you can be sure you will be gaining a recognised and prestigious qualification through a well known and respected awarding body. The Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) is Europe’s largest independent leadership and management awarding body with more than 85,000 candidate registrations each year. ILM is also a leading professional membership body with a growing membership of more than 22,000 practising managers.
Why complete the programme through Challenge Consulting?
Challenge Consulting are one of the oldest established ILM centres with a proven track record of delivering excellent programmes. For this reason the Challenge Consulting has been awarded “direct claim” status by the ILM, which allows assessment decisions to be made immediately by the assessors, due to their commitment to quality of delivery and ability to make programmes applicable and relevant to attendees.
Challenge Consulting have an ethos of tailoring delivery to participants in order that they can directly apply what they have learned within their work. Group sizes are kept to a maximum of 12, with usual group size being between 6 and 10 to allow participants opportunities to discuss topical issues and to create action plans and explore techniques and strategies within the sessions.