Go to Accredited Courses
Overview & who should attend
Those who are required to coach others within their organisation either as a line manager or where coaching forms part of their job role. Participants must have access to at least one coachee during the course to undertake a minimum of four hours of coaching outside of the course days
- To equip participants with the knowledge, understanding and practical skills to become an effective workplace coach.
- To enable delegates to recognise the merits of a coaching culture within teams and the wider organisation, and how to use a coaching style of leadership to enable others to develop to their full potential.
This is a 5 session course spread over approximately 5 months.
- Day 1 – Understanding coaching; it’s scope and merits; skills knowledge and habits of the ideal work place coach; styles of coaching and linking coaching to organisation and individual performance management.
- Day 2 – Preparing to coach; identifying start points and diagnostics. Using coaching frameworks. Active listening and questioning. Coaching styles.
- Day 3 – Managing relationships; conducting a workplace coaching session; dealing with potential conflicts and difficult coaching situations. Challenge versus support.
- Day 4 – Coaching in practice; planning and organising; listening; questioning, summarising; feedback techniques &
styles. Practical exercises.
- Day 5 – Reviewing coaching practice – tools and techniques to evaluate your own coaching practice. Coaching supervision and feedback. Barriers to coaching and how to overcome them.
- 1 x written assignment on understanding good practice in workplace coaching
- 1 x coaching diary *
- 1 x reflective review on ability to coach and CPD.
*6 hours coaching minimum required, two will be available to claim during the course days.
The course commences on
- Wednesday 14th November, 2018
Venue and Fees
Venue : Challenge Consulting,Nottingham NG14 6EH
Cost per delegate £895 + VAT fully inclusive of registration fees, tutorial support between sessions and marking.
Full Brochure with Dates
Course Flyer with Dates
What is the ILM?
By completing this programme you can be sure you will be gaining a recognised and prestigious qualification through a well known and respected awarding body. The Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) is Europe’s largest independent leadership and management awarding body with more than 85,000 candidate registrations each year. ILM is also a leading professional membership body with a growing membership of more than 22,000 practising managers.
Why complete the programme through Challenge Consulting?
Challenge Consulting are one of the oldest established ILM centres with a proven track record of delivering excellent programmes. For this reason the Challenge Consulting has been awarded “direct claim” status by the ILM, which allows assessment decisions to be made immediately by the assessors, due to their commitment to quality of delivery and ability to make programmes applicable and relevant to attendees.
Challenge Consulting have an ethos of tailoring delivery to participants in order that they can directly apply what they have learned within their work. Group sizes are kept to a maximum of 12, with usual group size being between 6 and 10 to allow participants opportunities to discuss topical issues and to create action plans and explore techniques and strategies within the sessions.