An ideal course for those new to a team leader or supervisor role, or for those who are experienced but require to update their skills. The course leads to a nationally recognised qualification from the ILM, and covers the core topics required for effective management of people. The course is delivered in an interactive way with group discussions to ensure relevance to work.
What is the ILM?
By completing this programme you can be sure you will be gaining a recognised and prestigious qualification through a well known and respected awarding body. The Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) is Europe’s largest independent leadership and management awarding body with more than 85,000 candidate registrations each year. ILM is also a leading professional membership body with a growing membership of more than 22,000 practising managers.
Why complete the programme through Challenge Consulting?
Challenge Consulting are one of the oldest established ILM centres with a proven track record of delivering excellent programmes. For this reason the Challenge Consulting has been awarded “direct claim” status by the ILM, which allows assessment decisions to be made immediately by the assessors, due to their commitment to quality of delivery and ability to make programmes applicable and relevant to attendees.
Challenge Consulting believe is creating programmes which develop individuals to maximise upon their potential within the work place and beyond. For this reason all of our courses cover the core elements which we believe are critical to excel in a management or leadership role, and not just the elements which the ILM require to pass the qualification. For this reason, if you do a programme through Challenge Consulting you can be sure that
you will have covered topics in sufficient depth and detail to equip you for challenges within the workplace. See the actual topics and the delivery schedule overleaf.
Challenge Consulting have an ethos of tailoring delivery to participants in order that they can directly apply what they have learned within their work. Group sizes are kept to a maximum of 12, with usual group size being between 6 and 10 to allow participants opportunities to discuss topical issues and to create action plans and explore techniques and strategies within the sessions.
What is the Award in Leadership and Team Skills – and who is it aimed at?
The Award in Leadership and Team Skills is a qualification which at Level 2 on the Qualifications & Credit Framework (see https://www.gov.uk/what-different-qualification-levels-mean/list-of-qualification-levels for further information about nationally recognised qualifications). The course does not have any entry requirements, however participants must be either practising or potential team leaders in order to be able to gain the most from the course in terms of applying the learning and obtaining feedback for development
Please see the Order this course now section below for dates. Please contact us for availability.
This is a 4 session course plus one optional additional tutorial spread over approximately 2 months.
- Day 1. Introduction + The Role of the Team Leader
- Welcome & introductions
- Roles, functions and responsibilities of the team leader
- Making the transition from friend to supervisor
- Seeking and dealing with feedback
- Identifying the limits of your responsibility
- The team leader’s role in relation to organisational policies and procedures
- Setting SMART objectives
- Day 2. Communication Skills
- Communication modes and methods, the pros and cons
- Accuracy, brevity and clarity and the importance of record keeping
- Verbal and non verbal communication
- Team Briefing skills
- Communications Assessment
- Day 3. Leading & Motivating the Team
- Manager or leader or both?
- Understanding management styles, when to use them and potential impacts
- Getting the best from your team
- Motivational drivers in self and others
- Delegating and allocating work
- Leadership assessment
- Day 4. Managing People
- Overview of current legislation relevant to team leaders including duty of care, discipline, grievance and diversity
- Clarifying roles and expectations
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Appraising others
- Reflective Review tutorial
1 x reflective review on own performance as a team leader + short answer questions.
Venue and Fees
Venue : Challenge Consulting,Nottingham
Cost per delegate £650+VAT fully inclusive of ILM registration fees.
Full Brochure with dates
Order this course now
Select from one of the course dates below to add it to your shopping cart
ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills – 24th Oct 2018