What is the ILM?
By completing this programme you can be sure you will be gaining a recognised and prestigious qualification through a well known and respected awarding body.
The Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) is Europe’s largest independent leadership and management awarding body with more than 85,000 candidate registrations each year. ILM is also a leading professional membership body with a growing membership of more than 22,000 practising managers.
Why complete the programme through Challenge Consulting?
Challenge Consulting are one of the oldest established ILM centres with a proven track record of delivering excellent programmes. For this reason the Challenge Consulting has been awarded “direct claim” status by the ILM, which allows assessment decisions to be made immediately by the assessors, due to their commitment to quality of delivery and ability to make programmes applicable and relevant to attendees.
Challenge Consulting believe is creating programmes which develop individuals to maximise upon their potential within the work place and beyond. For this reason all of our courses cover the core elements which we believe are critical to excel in a Team Member role, and not just the elements which the ILM require to pass the qualification. For this reason, if you do a programme through Challenge Consulting you can be sure that you will have covered topics in sufficient depth and detail to equip you for challenges within the workplace. See the actual topics and the delivery schedule overleaf.
Challenge Consulting have an ethos of tailoring delivery to participants in order that they can directly apply what they have learned within their work. Group sizes are kept to a maximum of 12, with usual group size being between 6 and 10 to allow participants opportunities to discuss topical issues and to create action plans and explore techniques and strategies within the sessions.
What is the Award in Effective Team Member Skills – and who is it aimed at?
The Award in Effective Team Member Skills is a qualification which is at Level 2 on the Qualifications & Credit Framework. [See https://www.gov.uk/what-different-qualification-levels-mean/list-of-qualification-levels for further information about nationally recognised qualifications.] The course does not have any entry requirements, but it is expected that participants who are members of teams with definitive shared organisational, departmental or team objectives would gain the most from the course in terms of applying the learning within the work environment.
Please see the Order this course now section below for dates. Please contact us for availability.
This is a 2 session course.
- Day 1. Introduction + The Role of the Team member
- The difference between groups and teams
- Tuckman’s Model (forming, storming, norming, performing)
- Belbin’s Team Roles
- Appreciation of skills and abilities of other team members
- Team building, positive work relationships, business development, conflict management
- Barriers to communication
- The interrelationship of skills, interdependence, trust and respect in a team
- Day 2. Developing yourself as an effective team member
- Relationship of organisational goals and team objectives
- Organisational/team politics, differences in social norms, values, and religion
- Ways of preventing conflict – recognising different stages of conflict escalation and the signs of conflict and aggression
- Handling conflict and resolution procedures
- Organisational equality of opportunity policy
- Personal skills and abilities as an effective team member
- Areas of possible improvement
- Personal development and training, self awareness, improving communications, interpersonal skills
Venue and Fees
Venue : Challenge Consulting,Nottingham NG14 6EH
Cost per delegate £550 + VAT fully inclusive of registration fees, tutorial support between sessions and marking.
Full Brochure with Dates
Order this course now
Select from one of the course dates below to add it to your shopping cart