This highly practical programme leads to a nationally recognised qualification focusing on elements of Customer Care. Assessment is via a range of activities based on the delegates’ own work place, bringing about tangible improvements in working practices and in customer relationships.
What is the ILM?
By completing this programme you can be sure you will be gaining a recognised and prestigious qualification through a well known and respected awarding body. The Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) is Europe’s largest independent leadership and management awarding body with more than 85,000 candidate registrations each year. ILM is also a leading professional membership body with a growing membership of more than 22,000 practising managers.
Why complete the programme through Challenge Consulting?
Challenge Consulting are one of the oldest established ILM centres with a proven track record of delivering excellent programmes. For this reason the Challenge Consulting has been awarded “direct claim” status by the ILM, which allows assessment decisions to be made immediately by the assessors, due to their commitment to quality of delivery and ability to make programmes applicable and relevant to attendees.
Challenge Consulting believe is creating programmes which develop individuals to maximise upon their potential within the work place and beyond. For this reason all of our courses cover the core elements which we believe are critical to excel in a management or leadership role, and not just the elements which the ILM require to pass the qualification. For this reason, if you do a programme through Challenge Consulting you can be sure that you will have covered topics in sufficient depth and detail to equip you for challenges within the workplace. See the actual topics and the delivery schedule below.
Challenge Consulting have an ethos of tailoring delivery to participants in order that they can directly apply what they have learned within their work. Group sizes are kept to a maximum of 12, with usual group size being between 6 and 10 to allow participants opportunities to discuss topical issues and to create action plans and explore techniques and strategies within the sessions.
Please see the Order this course now section below for dates. Please contact us for availability.
This is a 3 session course plus tutorial and workshop.
- Day 1. Induction and Introduction to fulfilling customer requirements
- Welcome & introductions
- Understanding your customers – internal and external customers
- “The customer experience” – from first impressions to follow up.
- How to recognise different types of customers, their expectations and needs.
- Nature and purpose of service standards within your own organizational context.
- Using service level agreements and performance indicators – how these help to manage expectations.
- Day 2. Understanding & maintaining customer relationships
- The quality question – what is quality and how is it measured within your organization by customers?
- Recognising the cost of poor quality and identifying ways to improve.
- How do you know what customers want? Ways to find out – simple ways of initiating and obtaining customer feedback.
- Analysing and recognizing the messages customers are giving – separating facts from opinion
- Protecting data – legal requirements
- Recording information.
- Building rapport and understanding the customer relationship.
- Handling typical “difficult” customer situations
- Day 3. Providing a quality service
- Understanding the customer experience at your organization – what messages do you give out?
- Advantages and disadvantages of different methods of communicating with customers.
- Telephone versus face to face customer care
- Practical exercises to identify areas to improve in your own style of customer care.
- How to maintain the relationship when things go wrong.
- Dealing with customer complaints in the right way
- Understanding customer rights.
- Day 4. Tutorial Assessment and Practical Workshop
- Delegates will be required to bring along copies of relevant policies and procedures from their own work place related to customer care.
- An assessed interview, with supporting information will be carried out, as well as tutor guidance towards a short written piece to demonstrate understanding.
Venue and Fees
Venue : Challenge Consulting,Nottingham
Cost per delegate £650 + VAT fully inclusive of ILM registration fees
Full Brochure with dates
Order this course now
Select from one of the course dates below to add it to your shopping cart
ILM Level 2 Award in Customer Care – 8th Nov 2018